0448 402 359


What does it cost to join?

Current membership is $20/year, or for concession and Junior Members, $15/year. If you are a close family member of an existing RREC member (spouse, child) there is a $5 discount from the relevant above fee.

Return to TOP

What is classed as Concession for membership?

If you receive any Commonwealth benefit (e.g. Jobseeker, Pension, etc.), hold a Commonwealth issued healthcare/pension card (whether or not you receive an actual benefit), are a full-time student, or hold a Seniors Card, you are classed as Concession for the purposes of membership.

Return to TOP

What locations do you take members from?

Currently RREC has members in South Australia, New South Wales and Western Australia. However, we are happy to take members from areas where there are no current RREC members. By agreement with CREST-SA we do not actively seek members from the Adelaide Metro or western SA regions.

Return to TOP

I’m outside Australia, can I still join?

Unfortunately not. RREC only accepts membership applications from those living within Australia or its territories. There are other similar groups that accept members in other countries, including REACT International and some local CB clubs. Also, you don’t need to be part of a group to listen to the emergency channels and help someone. RREC does have a basic training manual available to anyone, for FREE, that will help you monitor CB channels and answer calls. Contact us for a copy to be emailed to you (only available as an emailed PDF document).

Return to TOP

How do I become a Member?

Use our Online Application form to apply for membership as a Monitor or Supporter. Once completed and submitted, our volunteer Membership Team will process the application and make contact to discuss membership with you further. Note you will need two (2) references that are not immediate family. Membership fees are only paid once the application has been processed and accepted. All members are subject to a three (3) month probationary period.

Return to TOP

Do I need a police or WWC check to join?

A National Police Check (NPC) and Working With Children Check (WWCC) is not required to join; however, you will need to disclose any recent criminal convictions (past 10 years for prison sentences, past 5 years for good behaviour bond/community service), whether this was within Australia or not (failure to do so could be grounds for instant dismissal).

A free volunteer’s WWCC is desirable for all Monitors and should be completed only after you have completed your training and probationary period. Instructions on how to complete this will be provided when needed.

A NPC may be needed if you choose to serve on the Executive Committee, or in a role the Executive have decided requires a NPC. In South Australia this is free, a small fee may apply in other states. Again, further details will be provided if necessary.

If you already have an NPC (within past 12 months) and/or WWCC (that is current) you can provide these details instead of going through it again.

Return to TOP